Opelika-Auburn Pickleball Club
Daily routine and COVID compliance request are as follow:
· Upon arriving go to First Aid and get your temperature checked and daily temperature checked wristband.
· Go to Player registration each day you play. At your first check-in you will be asked to sign a COVID Liability release form. This form is located for downloading on the bottom of our Paddles at the Plex web page. COVID-19 Release Form.
· Please wear a face mask during daily check-in and when off the court.
· Practice social distancing when not on the court; bring a chair to use when not playing to allow separation from others.
· Please do not set up chairs in the court aisles. We ask that you set up chairs only outside of the complex.
· Wash your hands as frequently as possible.
· Use hand sanitizer between matches.
· We will not be setting out water coolers as we have done in the past. Water will be provided at the player hospitality tent.
· Visitors and Spectators are discouraged
In following recommendations from our local hospital East Alabama Medical Center officials and CDC guidelines, we will enforce a “Mask” mandate.
· Mask must be worn unless you are actively playing or warming up on a court. If you are in the aisle or outside the courts, you must wear a mask.
· No congregating or sitting in the aisleways. Aisleways must be kept clear.
· When match/game is over we strongly recommend that each team go around the opposite end of the net, and only acknowledge each other with a wave instead of a handshake or even a paddle shake.
· Please disinfect your hands with hand sanitizer when leaving the courts and every opportunity that you have. We will have hand sanitizer available.
· When leaving the court, take the balls you just used and drop them in the sanitizer bucket at the end of each aisle. You will be provided sanitized balls for each new match.
· Please don’t congregate in groups outside the courts or in the parking lots.
· Please, always maintain social distancing.
If you have been in contact with someone who has tested positive or exhibits symptoms of COVID 19 for over a combined 15 minutes of time within a 24-hour period, we ask that you not come to the tournament site. If you have a fever or test positive, you will not be allowed on the site, nor will anyone who rode with you in a car or shared a hotel room etc. Please help us prevent the spread of COVID. Please contact the tournament to advise us of the exposure. Unless you give us approval, your name will be kept confidential.
There is no one plan that guarantees safety, but the more layers of protection, the better.
We are looking for volunteers. Please email email@example.com and let us know if you can help volunteer. Please let us know any specific qualification you might have such as photography, tournament desk software operations, announcer, court monitor, referee and other areas. Please let us know when you would like to volunteer. We are planning on refereeing the “Gold Medal Matches”. We can use your help with setup and clean-up. Setup will begin at 8:00 on Thursday morning, 6:00 on Friday, Saturday and Sunday. Clean up and put away in afternoons after last match.
This form will be required by all participants prior to playing in the tournament. It will be completed at the check-in table at the tournament site.
Please download below and review prior to the tournament.